Spiced Scalops and Shrimps
- ½ lb. bay scallops
- ½ lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 pkt. of stevia or truvia
- 1 T. fresh cilantro
- Chopped salt to taste
For the Spice Mix:
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 in. piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 t. mild curry powder
- ¼ c. water
- First make the spice mix.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly mist with a non-fat pan spray, add the spice mix and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to medium-high; add scallops, shrimp, green onion, and stevia or truvia to skillet.
- Stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and scallops are firm.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro.
Chef Tamara Dunham
Biography: Chef Tamara Dunham is a Charlotte, North Carolina native. She graduated from the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Orlando, Florida. Chef Tamara Dunham is an active member of the American Culinary Federation and the Piedmont Culinary Guild. She is currently the Chef De Cuisine at The Gallery Restaurant at The prestigious Ballantyne Resort and the Owner of the Speak Easy Culinary Movement a Pop up Restaurant that is featured throughout the Southeast.
Chef Tamara Dunham received high accolades as Second Place Winner in The Annual Mac Down in OTown Macaroni and Cheese Cook Off, as well as an honorable mention in Southern Cuisine at the 2014 American Culinary Federation Student Contest. The Charleston Wine and Food Festival in addition to the Austin Food and Wine Festival is featuring Chef Dunham and her gourmet entrees in 2016.
If you'd like to book Chef Dunham for events, or special occasions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credits: Tamara Dunham